Five Cleansing Foods and Herbs
Spring is near! It doesn't feel like it here in northeast Indiana but according to the calendar, it is very close. This is a good time to detoxify your body. We are often exposed to thousands of toxins that can come from water we drink or bathe in, air we breathe, and household commercial cleaners.
To help our body's detoxification process start with these common foods:
1) Water. Be sure to drink enough water for the day. First thing in the morning is a really important time to drink water.
2) Lemon. This is a great liver cleanser. By adding lemon to water and drinking it helps to convert toxins into a water-soluble form so they can be flushed from your body.
3) Garlic. This is a powerful antioxidant and a natural antibiotic. Eating raw garlic is the most effective way to reap the benefits of garlic. This is difficult because of the lingering smell BUT it is so beneficial!
4) Cayenne. Known to aid digestion and improve circulation, this herb will also help the cleansing process. Add a half teaspoon to your lemon water. Find high quality cayenne here.
5) Dark Leafy Green Vegetables. These are all loaded with chlorophyll which helps eliminate toxins. Spinach, kale, collards, bok choy, beet tops are a great choices. It is recommended to eat them raw or lightly steamed.
Read more of this article here.