Kick off your fall festivities with these full-flavored and easy-to-make dips. Served warm or cold these dips pair well with many different dishes to bring together all aspects of your food selections!
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup onion, diced
2 ripe mangoes, peeled and finely diced
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 package Simply Organic Mild Chili Mix
• Heat skillet on high with a tablespoon (or less, if desired) of vegetable oil. Sauté onions until medium brown and soft. Set aside.
• Place mangoes in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle lime juice over fruit. Stir in Mild Chili Mix and then the caramelized onions.
Chill and serve with cheese and crackers as an appetizer, or serve immediately as a condiment with cheese quesadillas. Yields: 2 cups
SPICY CHICKEN DIP
1/4 cup low fat yogurt
1 package Simply Organic Guacamole Dip Mix
3 cups cooked and finely diced chicken
4 finely diced Roma tomatoes (approximately 2 cups)
1/2 cup shredded cheese
2 tablespoons finely diced jalapenos
• In a large mixing bowl, combine yogurt and Guacamole Dip Mix together.
• Add chicken and tomatoes; stir gently to coat.
• Blend in shredded cheese and jalapenos. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Serve chilled with chips or crackers. For a less spicy version, substitute green olives for jalapenos.
RASPBERRY GARLIC SPREAD
6 ounces fresh raspberries (about 3/4 cup)
1/2 package Simply Organic Roasted Garlic Spaghetti Sauce Mix
1 package light cream cheese
6 ounces club-style crackers
• In a medium mixing bowl, mash the raspberries with a fork or whisk to a puree consistency.
• Add Simply Organic Roasted Garlic Spaghetti Sauce Mix. Mix well and refrigerate 30 minutes.
• Taste; add more seasoning if desired.
Serve with cream cheese and crackers.