1 quart

Make your own herbal tinctures using our kosher certified glycerine. This can also be used in canning and baking as a natural sweetener.

Our vegetable glycerine is derived from coconut and palm oils.

Vegetable Glycerine, Quart

$14.99Price
  • Vegetable glycerine, or vegetable glycerol, is a carbohydrate that is usually derived from plant oils. Food-grade vegetable glycerin is 99.7% pure, with the remaining 0.3% being water. Although it has a sweet taste, glycerine is not chemically related to sugar and seems to have no affect on insulin and blood sugar levels making it a safe alternative for diabetics and people with candida yeast overgrowth. 100% pure vegetable glycerine is a safe, permitted, low glycemic-index sweetener. It also does not feed the bacteria that form plaques and cause dental cavities. A little goes a long way - only one tablespoon of vegetable glycerine is equivalent to about 1/4 cup of sugar. However, when the glycerine is heated, some of its flavor evaporates, so you may wish to use a little more in cooked products. It is best to mix it into sauces after they have cooked. Vegetable glycerine is suitable for vegans and vegetarians.

Be sure to read our DISCLAIMER.

 

CONNECT WITH US

  • Facebook Classic
  • LinkedIn - Black Circle
  • Pinterest Classic

CONTACT THE SPICE SHACK:

We are just minutes from Fort Wayne, IN!​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Phone:  260-615-9634
M-W-F: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. EST

Saturday: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Email: michelle@thespiceshack.org